Disclosures to All Debtor Students - Please Review Prior to Starting Your Course
Required Under 28 C.F.R. § 58.33 (k):
Fee Policy & Schedule:
(1) Cost of course:
- Single, filing individual – $25.00
- Married, taking the course together – $25.00
- Married, filing individual or taking the course separately – $25.00 each
Professional Financial Guidance LLC makes our services available for free or at a reduced rate based on the debtor student's ability to pay.
Please contact our office to see if you are eligible for a waiver of fees. Debtor students' eligibility is based on information provided on the following page:this form.
(2) A debtor presumptively lacks the ability to pay the fee, if the debtor’s household current income is less than 150 percent of the poverty guidelines updated periodically in the Federal Register by the U.S. department of Health and Human Services under the authority of 42 U.S.C. 9902(2), as adjusted from time to time, for a household or family of the size involved in the fee determination. Individuals with income below 150% of the national poverty guideline will receive the course for free. If you do not request eligibility, PFGED will evaluate the income information you provide and refund payments made to students who meet the eligibility requirements.
(3) Professional Financial Guidance LLC will not provide free bilingual instruction or obtain professional interpreter assistance to any limited English proficient debtor.
(4) The counselors of Professional Financial Guidance LLC have over 98 years combined experience helping consumers with consumer credit education and personal financial management on-line and over the phone. The course is taught by Attorney Peter Francis Geraci, whose professional background and qualifications can be found here.
Online services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
(5) Professional Financial Guidance LLC does not pay or receive fees or other consideration for the referral of debtor students to or by the provider.
(6) Professional Financial Guidance LLC is obligated to promptly provide you and your attorney with a copy of the Debtor Education Certificate to be filed with the Bankruptcy Court upon completion of this course.
(7) Professional Financial Guidance LLC may disclose debtor information to the United States Trustee in connection with the United States Trustee’s oversight of the provider, or during the investigation of complaints, during onsite visits, or during quality of service reviews.
Professional Financial Guidance LLC is owned by attorney Peter Francis Geraci, who is also an attorney with Geraci Law L.L.C. However, Professional Financial Guidance LLC is not a law firm, does not engage in the practice of law, and does not stand in a lawyer-client relationship with its students. Any law-related services that Professional Financial Guidance LLC provides are not legal services and the protections of the client-lawyer relationship do not apply to any debtor education course you may take, or to Professional Financial Guidance LLC ’s services, which are non-lawyer debtor education activities. You may take your “after filing” debtor education course with any provider you want, whether you are a client of Geraci Law L.L.C. or not. Professional Financial Guidance LLC is approved by the Executive Office of the United States Trustee to issue certificates evidencing completion of a personal financial management instructional course in compliance with the Bankruptcy Code.
(8) Approval does not endorse or assure the quality of a Provider’s services. The United States Trustee has reviewed only Professional Financial Guidance LLC instructional course and has neither reviewed nor approved any other services the provider provides to debtors;
(9) A debtor will only receive a certificate if the debtor completes an instructional course.
By taking the course you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agreed
to these statements.
Fee Waiver Qualification Check - You may qualify for a free course
What is your household size?
What is your total household monthly income BEFORE taxes and deductions?
Professional Financial Guidance L.L.C. is Approved by the Executive Office of the United States Trustee to issue certificates evidencing completion of a personal financial management instructional course in compliance with the Bankruptcy Code. Approval does not endorse or assure the quality of a Provider’s services.